Wherewithal

I sometimes wonder if my whole life is going by while I search for my glasses. I do this almost every single day. Most often in the morning when I'm trying to leave for work. I go round and round my apartment until I finally find them or reach the hecessary escape velocity to get out of home. It doesn't help that I have a dozen "usual places" where I leave my glasses. Come to think of it, it is amazing - the number of flat surfaces that you can find in an small apartment where one could leave one's glasses on.

See, it's not that I have a bad memory. Well, it's not just that I have a bad memory. I have an incorrect memory. Like the other day. I looked and looked and looked for my glasses in the morning. I kept thinking : "I remember putting them in my jacket pocket as I left work and I remember having them around when I walked home from the car last evening and now I can't find them". So I looked. And I looked. And I looked. And I finally said "Dang it!!!!", and found my old pair and went to work. Imagine my surprise then, when I walk into my cube and I see my glasses there - right next to my workstation!! So which day was it when I walked out with my glasses in my jacket pocket? Who knows? Who ever knows?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic