XLII

You are the ones
The Gods of the field, unbesmirched by the ground,
The living legends, favored by the crown.
Relentless pursuit and prodigous fate
in happy circumstance do meet.
You are the golden bar that drives
you are the end to which they strive.
You are out of reach, beyond compare.
The shimmering mirage, you are the dare.
you are the perfection I admire.
you are the dream, you inspire.

You are the others
The stumbling mortals, the rallying warriors
the cursed children, the doubted wonders.
A painful grit and the will to persevere
shine through in your every hard won endeavor.
You are the heart that dares to reach,
the cheer of spirit in which I exalt.
You are my sanguine belief that in each
lies the power to rise beyond thought.
The mirror in which I search for my redemption
The whisper of hope that confounds reason

And now this day as the curtain falls
on humbled gods and hallowed Men
I wish that victory and glory's call
may yet beckon you both again
So each may toil to rise still higher
and in rising delight us with a joy so rare.

Comments

Stargazer said…
This comment has been removed by the author.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic