Lothlorien

Here's the story of the globe: I saw a globe today and decided that I had to get one too. Immediately. I've always wanted to own a globe. For some reason, I've never bought one, though. Just been wanting to own one. So I decided that this is the day when I shall buy a globe. I drove to Borders and after walking around in the store for a good bit, I asked an employee there if they had any globes. He checked in a couple of places and said that they didn't. They had no globes. They were globeless. They were without globes. Globes in absentia. I am, however, with yet another Yoga DVD. I know - I can't explain it either. I checked in another store and finally decided to go to that one store - the store where I'd find my globe and the happy yellow smiley would rollback the price on it to boot. Walmart! But alas! They didn't have it either. And to think that I always believed that I could even get a copy of my birth certificate in Walmart! (only, it would say "Made in China" on the back :-) )

So I returned globeless to my home but here are a couple of excerpts of interesting conversation in the stores that I stopped at:

Overheard at Borders:
Woman : "Where can I find the American Girl... Doll books ?"
Male employee : " The fiction or the non fiction ones? "
Me: !!!!!!

Conversation with a cashier at the Paper Store
Me : I am not sure if I am in the right place for this, but do you guys have any globes?
Cashier girl : Oh, like snow globes?
Me: Oh no, just ummm globes.
Cashier girl : Oh, you mean, ... like .... world globes?

There's a pleasant chill in the evening air
that soothes the sunburnt cheek.
And the eyes that were awake too long all summer,
the early dusk lulls to sleep.

The last flames of color : orange, red and yellow
leap and dance in fervor.
The maple leaves in the wind whisper
'Tis autumn, Fall is here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic