Irregardless

This certainly was the word of the weekend so I had to use it as my title.

I apologize to all my dear readers for leaving you hanging on the cliff hanger that is my life, but I had to enjoy my long weekend vacation. It certainly was a vacation of the highest quality. Came back rested, relaxed, well-laughed and a little drunk on the sunshine. Some day folks will study me and figure out I was a vine all along which is why I am all about sunshine.

My blog has often been accused of having little entertainment and no information. As a rebuttal, here is some information. Dante's Divine Comedy is not a comedy. It has some amount of divinity involved but no comedy. Either that or this dude's sense of humor sucks. I started reading it a few days ago and I am not too pleased with it. I will, however, continue to read this for a while because I am a masochist.

I saw the most glorious scene this evening. I just got off my flight and was getting out of the airport feeling bad about having to wait for half an hour for the shuttle ( it runs every half hour and I thought I would just have missed the one at 7) when I looked out of the double doors at the exit and spotted the shuttle just about to pull out of the stop. I ran towards the bus, teetering under the weight of my heavy backpack and managed to catch the driver's attention just in time. Having given him a you-saved-my-life-thank-you-so-much! smile, I was extremely happy as I settled into my seat. (Side note : Having grown up in an extremely populous nation, I have a deep and abiding respect for mostly empty/sparsely filled buses.) I was sitting next to a window and enjoying the nice, warm, summer day when the bus went over a slight bridge and turned right. Right there, for about 2-3 mins, I had the straight, uninterrupted view of the setting sun. This huge orange ball bang in the middle of my window. It was one of the awesomest sights ever.

Windows - they are one of my favorite things. The world would be a much better place with more windows. More windows, less cubicles. Time to sleep.

Comments

I had seriously missed the meanderings of your mind! :-)

I agree about windows though - for the first time my desk has a window above it, so if i glance up from my monitor, I see green of trees and blue of the sky. Nothing beats it!
SK said…
grammar nazi here again...irregardless, on the other hand, is not even a real word. it is an incorrect double-negative portmanteau that's been perpetuated by residents of boston (not kidding, ask wikipedia). irregardless of its correctness, it is not even a noun.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic