Dashboard

Spent the early part of the afternoon reading and eventually finishing Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. It is a good book. It didn't change my life though as some folks had suggested to me earlier. This could be because I have already been exposed to some ideas that were in the book or because everything else, I pretty much did not understand. That is the problem with Nirvana - it needs some serious thinking ability. Albeit, nice book - short too, which adds to its charm :-)

Having spent most of the afternoon in understanding the quest for the universal soul within the self, I moved on to the more urgent matters of lunch and idling away a few weekend hours.

It started raining sometime this afternoon and kept on raining. I had already decided that today would be my long run so for a change, I was rational and decided to run on the treadmill at the gym. I ran 11.85 miles, with a short water break after 6 miles, at various paces from a 9 min mile to a 15.7 min mile walk during the last mile. Took me 2 hours. I stretched for a bit - I should have stretched longer - and drove home. It was raining pretty hard by the time I got home but having ran 11.85 miles, I refused to run from the parking lot to my apartment so I treated myself to a wet, uncomfortable hobble to the entrance. It is about principles.

And to add to this happy Sat'day I've been enjoying, I just found that Young Frankenstein was on the instant play list on Netflix! Let's just hope my neighbors don't mind me guffawing in the middle of the night. That's fine - if they complain, I'll just tell them I am A.B.Normal ;-)

Comments

Bhavipra said…
Well Ms. A.B.Normal, thanks for the reminding me. That's one riot of a movie. Miss Inga takes the spot of this week's celebrity crush.
SK said…
siddhartha! i have that book. that, and many others like it which adorn my bookrack for bragging rights, unread.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic