Rawlings and Zabrinski

So, I was having dinner with friends this evening and was stunned to discover that they didn't know about this contest-sorta-thing that I had going on. Amazes me - how people go about with little knowledge of the wonders all around them. Anyways, I decided that I should remind folks about it. I also thought it would be good to post some rules regarding this contest-sorta-thing.

Rules

* It is necessary for the reader to leave a comment on one of blog posts so that they be included in the head count (we are aiming for 50). (How else will I know you read my blog, Einstein? )
* Whenever possible, the comment should be less witty/interesting/deep/informative that the actual post. I understand that is a pretty hard thing to do, but oh well. Alright, alright. The comment may be more informative than the post.
* It is not necessary that the reader enjoy the post in order to comment on it.
* In fact, it is not necessary for the reader to finish reading the post prior to commenting on it.
* If, after reading the post, the reader is overcome with a sense of gratitude towards the writer (say he/she found the post superbly funny, amazingly stimulating (mentally), spiritually uplifting, and wants to give it a two thumbs up (like one of those movie reviewers who are giving every random movie a two thumbs up) (there I go with the parenthesis again)) and wanted to show his/her gratitude in a monetary fashion, the reader is free to inform the writer about this. I, the writer, will then open a pay pal account to make it easy for the reader to transfer any sum of money, say an even grand, to my, the writer's account.

Can't think of any other rules. And so to bed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just wanted to let Her Redness (HR) know that she needn't worry, I twittered her blog address to Ashton Kutcher, so she should shortly have 10,000 blog comments seemingly written by half a million monkeys, starting with this one. Anyway, as we all know, Ashton has now tweeted a threat to quit Twitter if a new reality show based on twitter goes through. It is hard to know who to root for in that one. But, the real question is, how soon can we get a reality-based tv show based on HR's blog? More to the point, I think twitter missed its true calling. Instead of limiting the writer to 140 characters, they could have said all twits have to write solely in haiku! Now that would make a heck of a reality tv show.

Fingers claw my cage,
One hundred forty letters,
nothing to say yet.

Autumn day sunrise,
I ordered the Mcmuffin,
Thought Ashton should know.

Obviously, I am no poet like HR. What could she do with the Haik-Uer? Would she be first to key 10 million Ku's? We will never know.
Anyway, there seems to be a problem with HR's rules. I am writing this as anonymous. How will she know when she has 50 unique readers if I stay anonymous? Maybe I wrote all the anonymous comments, maybe I wrote none. Maybe I am an engineer and take things too literally. Maybe my comment is too long and I should be writing in my own darn blog. Hey, do you think HR would mind if I wrote a blog in the comments section of her blog?

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin