mayhem

Another weekend comes to a close. It was a good one. Good weather, good times.

I bought my new running shoes yesterday. Of course, the fact that the skies got all dark and gloomy and there was a big downpour on my way back home bodes ill for them. But then, I have never been accused of being a quitter - especially when it's actually a good idea. So I shall bash on regardless.

Have you ever wondered who discovered that pineapples were edible? I mean, they almost look like mini-dragons - not exactly inviting. Of course, this discovery must have taken place after the invention of the chain saw. 'Cause that is what you need to cut one - a pineapple, I mean. I tried to cut the one I bought yesterday and after a few scratches and some curses, I decided that it still wasn't ripe enough. Try another day.

Oh, that reminds me. I was Trader Joe's yesterday. They have these organic bran muffins in different flavors there. And they are made by a company called - get this - Moral Fiber. I chuckle heartily every time I see this and invariably pick up a box when I'm there. If they make me laugh, they deserve my money.

And here's a picture from my short walk around my home this afternoon.

Comments

I used to think like that - Whoever discovered which foods were edible - Some idiot spoiled the illusion (which I do now to you) by pointing out that folks back then probably considered everything edible, unless some unlucky bloke fell over and became tomorrows dinner main course delicacy after eating some fruit!

(Those accidents werent prevented either, as they kept the steady supply of delicacy meat into the kitchen!)

DI

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin