copacetic

Had to use that word. Especially now that I've finished reading Oscar Wao.

And yes, I am back. First things first. I need to keep track of my mileage on my new shoes and in general. So let's see - as far as I remember there was 3 miler, a 6 miler, a 3 miler, a 4.5 miler, a 7 miler, a 2 miler and a 1.25 miler. And that, my razor sharp whizkid brain tells me adds up to 30 miles, no 14.85 miles, no wait! 26.75 miles. And yes, you will notice that the last two runs were extremely unremarkable. That's the thing. I had a good 7 miler over the weekend, thanks to Y who ran with me and pushed me to a faster-than-usual pace and made sure I finished it, and then a quick 2 miler y'day and my shins were doing fine. All seemed well. And then today, I get on the treadmill and abt 13 mins later my shins went to town. And now, ice is my new best friend. Oh well. So much for those awesome shin/calf exercises that I've been doing religiously for 3 whole days.

Next, had a great weekend. Didn't sleep as much as I wanted to but ran, hung out, met with friends, attended parties (well, one at least) and most importantly, watched Star Trek. A was right. I looovved the movie. To all those hard core trekkies out there who sneer at this movie, tongue-sticking-out-making-spluttering-sound to you. I liked it. It was fun. It was funny. It was cool. And watching it brought back all those memories of watching the Original Series waaay back when I was a kid - probably in second or third grade. Memories of A and I talking into our match-box-rubber-band walkie-talkies playing Captain Kirk and Spock. Ah! the years! And Ah! the lost years! The years when I could have watched the complete Original Series and the others that followed if DoorDarshan, our faithful old TV network, hadn't canned the show. But no - wait! I can always make up for it now. Netflix is here. Eat my shorts, DD.

Next, an update on my Storm (sorry DI - had to do it. Would have loved an Android phone but it's only available on a shaky network). I know you've all been waiting on tenterhooks to hear how the first week has been. It's been pretty good, I think. Maybe. The thing is that I haven't really done much with it. The only thing that I can vouch for is that it can handle my superfat fingers very well while typing.

And lastly, a comment on the comment on my last post. Anonymous - Dude - are you aware that you blatantly violated Rule #2 !? And, to add insult to my shin splints, you also made your comment more random that my post!! I forgive you - just make sure you send me a link to your blog.

And so to bed ( and better posts, hopefully)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Looking glass splintered,
Fifty eyes reproach my sin,
A rule was broken.

Daggers melt my path,
Breath squirms from barren repose,
Name me springtime,
Name me,
apology.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin