lamp post

It's 10.12 pm and yes, I am tired and sleepy. It's just been that kind of a day.

My neighbors are driving me crazy. Not the ones who have those ear-popping and eye-opening fights once in a while. No - these are other neighbors. And no, they are not noisy, or messy or weird or anything. They are just great cooks, I think. Every evening I come home and this delightful smell of fresh, home cooked Indian food wafts up to me. It's torture I tell you. I hang out in front of my door for a while, taking my time opening the door, etc - hoping that the neighbors will step out, catch me in the corridor, say hello, introduce themselves, chat, figure out that I am the friend they have always been looking for and invite me over for dinner and insist that I join them for dinner every day. It hasn't happened .... yet. Hope, my friends, is the best thing there is.

Alright, may be I should get some quality sleep this night - to make up for last night. And a special prayer for my wisdom teeth before I turn in - we have a dentist appt tomorrow.

Good night and Good luck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic