The best laid plans

Yes, that is right. The title is a phrase. A random phrase. Deal with it.

Wodehouse said it right. Life is rummy. Today was rummy. A friday - the penultimate week of the year. Little work, indifferent packing and an unplanned, unspecific hang out day with friends. A crazy snow storm outside. Many inches of snow on my car.(Tangent - what do the snow gods have against me ?! I have parked in every single spot in the parking lot on snow days and my car is always the one that gets buried while, read this carefully, the ones on both sides of my car have a dusting on them). After every one left, I settled down on my couch to watch some TV. It felt strange - thinking that this could be the last night I hang out at home. This home. I get waaaaay too emotional about unimportant things. All my emotions are reserved for unimportant, trivial, non-living things. Or living beings on tv. Or in books. It was an excellent evening for watching tv and of course, there was a wonderful collection of mind-numbing shows on all channels. I actually had to turn the TV off in disgust. What with this and that, it is now ~ 2 hrs later and I still feel strange. Yes, it is time for Mr.Barry.

And so to bed. Stay warm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic