Wizengamot

Had a glorious weekend. This truly is how all weekends should be. Got up at a decent hour on Saturday and saw patches of sunshine outside. The believer that I am, I decided to not bother with weather.com and generated my weather report by staring out of my living room window. It will be mostly sunny with temps in the high 50s is what I decided. After pottering about for a while and creating and transferring the playlist that catered to my mood onto the ipod, I drove out to a nearby trail. It's 3 miles out - so out and back would be a good 6 mile affair. I figured that I'd try to jog the 3 miles out and walk back to my car. I proceeded to do this and as I did, the sky got cloudier, the wind got gustier and the temp was definitely not in the high 50s. It was still pleasant in my sweatshirt so I jogged/walked happily. On finishing the loop, I got this idea that I should redo the whole thing. It seemed like a good idea at that time - probably 'cause my circulation was already being affected by the cold and some exhaustion.(I wasn't really hungry when I got up and I was planning only for an hour's walk/jog so I hadn't bothered with breakfast. I am smart that way.) Anyways, I acted on this idea and by the time I finished jogging the 3 miles out again, wee babies who just discovered walking were racing me to the finish line. I started walking back and that's when I figured that my forearms were all stiff from keeping them bent at that 90 degree angle while jogging and that I needed to loosen them. At this point, passersby would have spotted an Indian girl, red in the face - particularly the nose, two plaits whipping around madly - thanks to the wind and the brisk walk, waving her arms around at seemingly random intervals and occasionally singing along with her ipod. I bet you the trail will be more deserted the next time. So finally, my 2.5 hr adventure later, I returned home. Excellent way to spend the morning and a good store of endorphins for the weekend.

The rest of the weekend was a nice assorted mix of dance class, drumming practice (1 hour of repetitive practice (which, by the way, sounded like someone was having an indifferent seizure over the drum set (I just realized I am actually nesting parentheses in non-code literature - talk about lack of focus)) later, I had finally figured out the first 6 lines of a song from Rock On!. AP is a saint. That is the only explanation for why he didn't chase me out of his house with a carving knife while I practised. Holy Ginger! I just realized I am still inside a parenthesis. Exit!!), hanging out with friends, reading, watching movies, house hold chores, catching up with some folks I hadn't met in a while, calling the family, etc. Of course, it was sunny all day today and the only time that I spent outside the house was in a car, or inside some other building. Still, no complaints. And now, it is time to put aside these trivial ramblings and get back to my revision of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. LOUD CRACK! (I just apparated into Hogwarts)

Comments

Void said…
love the nesting parenthesis:) .. btw i think it is time you give your blog a nice new title and change it from random fist blog .. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic