panacea

Every day you learn something new. Over the last couple of days I learnt that tulips actually opened and closed with the sun. I never knew that tulips that have bloomed will close in the evening and re-open the next day. I was pleasantly surprised by the two wonderfully yellow tulips in my balcony.

Spring is here. Well, actually summer's been here the last few days but I think we'll go back to spring again from tomorrow. It got really really warm and suddenly there is color everywhere. On my daily morning commute I now see the brilliant yellow Forsythias, white and pink cherry blossoms, lovely lime green leaves that are just sprouting on the trees, dark green evergreens, grass green grass, little yellow dandelions, lavenders, wild flowers of lavender, orange, blue and pink, tulips of all colors and those lovely hedges of purple flowers (Azaleas?). All these colors - on a 10 min commute. I am insanely happy by the time I get to work. That lasts about 10 mins after that. I am kidding. During spring/summer, I am happy wherever I am.

So I ran outside after work today. After a very unimpressive 3-4 miler over the weekend, I decided that I will try it again. It was around 5.30 but it was still plenty warm (~ 85 F). I ran really slow but I managed to do ~ 4 miles including the little hill at the very end. I was huffing and puffing and achieved beetification within 10 minutes (you must all call me "her redness" from here on). Yes, I wear my dorkiness on my sleeve. Decent run.

I also resolved over the evening to bike to work tomorrow. The grand plan is to get up early and bike to work before it gets warm. Let's see how that goes. It is that cursed hill at the very end that'll finish me. Cable cars is the solution. Cable cars and bike racks at the bottom of the hill (a distance of 10 min with a not too steep slope) - I'll make sure I drop that in the suggestion box at work.

I recently was reading abt how Ashton Kutcher achieved some milestone in Twitter. This irked me - that Ashton Kutcher, of all people, should achieve any milestone, albeit on the irksome Twitter, was simply not acceptable. So I decided that I shall achieve something. I have decided that I need to have 50 folks visiting my blog. The event ends when I achieve the requisite number of visitors, or 20 years from now, whichever comes first. Here goes. DRUM ROLL ....... I am already counting 4 including me and my stuffed animals.

And now, as most of you are desperately hoping, it is time for bed.

Comments

Preeti Sharma said…
Hiya, please add me to your list of 50 people. And I am always amazed at your desire to stay active - I think that if I read your blog long enough, I may actually try running about 50 mts!
count me as visited!
Btw how are you liking the book?
Kashmora said…
Thank you Preeti! The desire to stay active is directly proportional to the amount of free time one has, and how unwilling one is to do the things that one actually needs to do.
AFOTW : Not getting too much time for the book - you can see how busy I've been doing random things and blogging about them :-)
Aditya - Thank you my nerdy (read identical) friend :-)
Continuing the Aditya way -

if ( reading_summary to my wife counts); then
count+=2;
else
count++;
fi

DI

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic