circumambulate

No, I didn't make it. In my defense, I did manage to drag myself out of bed at 6.30 am and would have been ready to get out of the house by around 7 but I couldn't find the darned (I still need a suitable vegetable replacement for darn/damn/dang - something that can be ed) keys to my bike lock. Now, folks would argue that the parking lot of my work place is a pretty safe place and I could leave my bike unlocked and it would still be there when I got out of work, but I say nay. I mean, maybe. But once I discovered that I couldn't find the key, my mind kept coming up with all these scenarios in which some thug would make away with my bike. You never know - these bicycle thugs are always around. Better safe than bicycle-less. Anyways, I couldn't find the keys and that was that. So I took the ol' faithful 4 wheeler.

Which brings us to the point. Ze nub. The number of missing/lost things at home had reached a critical mass with the missing keys. So, I came home this evening all charged up to pull out and inspect all boxes, shelves, containers, cabinets, bags, suitcases, etc and launch The Search. This I did after whiling away some time after coming home. I searched every where. I went room by room and shelf by shelf and so on. Over the course of the evening, I found most of the things that I as looking for except for the bike keys. I also discovered that I had enough batteries to keep Massachusetts powered on for a day. The next time we have an ice storm and lose power, I'll just ask the light and power department to come over and stock up on energy. I found the two dozen bangles that I had bought the last time I was in India. I had looked for these once I got back and then figured that I left them back at home. I found them wedged in a side pocket of my suitcase. Joy is too small a word to describe my reaction. I did the rest of the search with a dozen bangles merrily clinking on each hand. I found a bottle of soap bubbles and a wand (a Christmas gift from a friend) Overjoyed is too small a word to describe my reaction at this point. Obviously, it follows that I took a brief soap bubble break. The soap water bottle had the following written on it: " Do not drink soap water. If consumed by accident, drink plenty of water.", etc. It would've been neat if it also said "Shake and do a little jig for a couple of minutes. Congratulations - you should now be able to burp bubbles.". That's the problem with the soap water industry - no sense of humor. Back to The Search. I also discovered that I own a plethora of belts (3). Every where I looked, there was a belt. They were in suitcases, in bags, in side pockets of suitcases, they were everywhere. And I don't even remember buying a single one of them. And finally, at the very end, in the last suitcase which was the last place that I looked, next to a belt(!), in a little pouch, I found the keys!!! Victory is mine!! Now, if I can drag myself out of bed early again. I can actually bike to work.

There is, as usual, a lesson in this blog. If you search and search hard, you will find what you are looking for. If you are lucky, you will also find bangles and soap water.

And so to bed.

Comments

This was a hilarious post! I do wonder though if 3 makes a plethora! :-P
Kashmora said…
Glad you enjoyed it! 3 is a plethora. 3 is 2 too many. And in some cases, 3 too many.
Duh... You shoulda looked there in the first place! (Everyone should have someone who says that after every search, tis the rule!)

DI

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic