Jhelum, Chenab, Sutlej, Ravi

'Twas a good day. Bugs I've been trying to fix for three weeks are finally fixed. Walked out to the parking lot at work around 7.15 pm without a jacket and it was pleasant. And there was still plenty of light. That made me super happy. Spent a good 40 mins practising dance (still need many hours to get good at the new pieces I am learning). Pottered about, did this and that and it is time to turn in.

I came across this picture yesterday - http://www.shantalashivalingappa.com/ (Didn't want to paste the pic here without her knowledge). I have never seen such grace and power coupled with such serenity. Divine. Such pictures are why I get so fired up about dance. Of course, such pictures are also the reason why I ponder on giving up and quitting a lot of times :-). Nope - as long as I have understanding neighbors, or have friends who have understanding neighbors, the learning shall continue.

Seeds are sprouting. Seedlings have emerged. A couple of weeks ago, on a nice weather day, I realized it was spring and went berserk. I planted a bunch of seeds in 7-8 pots that evening. I wasn't able to find the plant labels that are supposed to be somewhere in the house, though. So, I have no clue which pot has which seeds. So now, I have to wait patiently until these plants grow and flower or fruit (technically, do vegetable plants fruit or vegetable?) or leaf(in case of herbs) to figure out who is who. For now, I have to contend myself with playing mind games on the poor seedlings by turning the pots by different angles on different days to ensure I don't cultivate a host of leaning towers of Pisa. This is the problem with growing plants indoors by the windows. Soon, my dearhearts, it will be warm enough to move you all outside.

And now it is really time for bed. Though I am not too sleepy. Maybe a little Wao. I just started reading "The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" based on a dear friend/blog follower reco and I must say the first 13 pages are really impressive.

Comments

oooh... so what do you think of Wao? isn't it the best ever??

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic