verity

It has been brought to my notice that lately my blog has been a whole lot of grocery talk. So I figured I shouldn't comment on the 2/3 red cabbage ( 2/3 in size - not in color) still sitting in my fridge or the bitter cranberries that I picked up today (come on!).

This is the life, what? Done with work early, no logging in from home, potatoing the heck out of the couch, a nice, long weekend coming up and no snow on the roads yet. Lot of thanks to give, indeed. Of course, I am sure I will mess up the weekend, or not make the most of it or something like that but that's the point - the weekend is my oyster. But I'm vegetarian. So the world is my ...... cauliflower! Hey, it's my blog - so quit complaining.

You know how sometimes you look back at something you said or did and think "What was I thinking? Oh God! I don't even want to think about it !" . I do that like 10 times a day but yesterday I took a look at some of the stuff that I've written over the years and I was so glad that I never had the enthusiasm or the opportunity to post them anywhere. God is so gracious. Anywho, I decided that I shall present y'all with a sitting turkey (in honor of thanksgiving and all) by posting one that passed my ick-and-mush censor.


Words

The words pour in
from my eyes to my heart
through the bridge of the book in my grasping hands.

Where they stop,
my fancy takes wing.
They gently teach me flight,
like the birds teach their young.

There I see in my imagination
a world of no season
and all sensations.

Many days and more nights
of no age and all time.

As clear and vivid as only a dream can be
and yet more alive than what the wakeful eyes can see.

A life of many lives
in a matter of moments.
Not destroyed by a blink
or by movement.
But shattered by a thought,
silent and menacing,
rational and piercing,
mundane and distracting.

Comments

"As clear and vivid as only a dream can be
and yet more alive than what the wakeful eyes can see"

Only a very few peepz have said it better! Truly impressed.

DI

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic