Vagabond

Weekly reports are the bane of my existence. Having said that let us move on.

I miss my parents - miss coming home to my parents once in a while. But today, as I walked to the grocery store (I love the fact that I can walk to the grocery store - even if I only do it 10 times a year, I LOVE it), I started thinking of how we take some joys in life for granted. And I came up with a list of frequently overlooked advantages of growing up, leaving home and living by yourself:

- In the words of Seinfeld : "I enjoy the fact that now, if I want a cookie, I have a cookie. Okay? I have three cookies or four cookies or eleven cookies if I want.".
- The above is also true for brownies.
- I am the master of the remote control. And of the couch.
- At any given time, if I open my fridge, everything in it is something that I like, or liked at some point of time.
- I can get up at any time of the day, on weekends atleast.
- I can potentially wake up and just read my novel for a while.
- I can do groceries on Thursday nights.
- When I end up doing something foolish like try to mix two incompatible vegetables in an effort to make sufficient curry, the only bad thing that happens is that I get to eat it.
- No one interrupts when I daydreaming about, hmmmm let's say ..Middle Earth (this is purely hypothetical) on my couch.
- My conscience, and more importantly my guilt conscience, is inside me and not walking around clicking it's tongue and saying "I told you so".
- I can practise Yoga at 10.30 in the night.
- I can make pop corn at 10.30 in the night.
- I can watch a movie at 10.30 in the night.
- Let's just say, I can do anything at 10.30 in the night. Or 11.30. But not 12.30 - I am too sleepy to concentrate on anything.
- I can blog at 1.00 am in the night.

Of course, there are downsides. Other than the many obvious ones:

- You are that person at the grocery store who buys one onion and one tomato.
- It's your turn to cook every day.

And the star of today is that friendly grocery store employee who found me my plastic wrap after I walked all the aisles and gave up. I asked and I received. There's a lesson in this for all of you out there: Look carefully in Aisle 8.

Comments

Day dreaming about middle earth? Find something else - How about the nice guy you missed in aisle nine?

DI

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic