Quiescence

Does anybody else think that the guy from CSI Miami (apparently his name is David Caruso) is a little too orange? I don't know if it is the bad color settings of my TV but that guy always reminds of an apricot. Just had to express the thought.

Running through an empty grocery store aisle with a cart, achieving critical speed for lift off, cruising, and decarting in the nick of time to prevent a collision with the cereal boxes is one of life's pure undiluted joys. And just like a fairy tale, at the end of the rainbow is a box of cereal. As I was loading the bags into my car after my exciting trip to the grocery store, I started thinking of our typical daily paper/plastic footprint. I recycle as much as I can, try to use my reusable shopping bags whenever I can, and never throw away any plastic bag without loading it with some trash and yet, I feel like there's all this plastic and paper in my life. Compared to this, I think India was/is light years ahead in this field. Whether out of necessity, or economy, or lack of options, recycling is ever present. Take this for instance - all through my childhood and even today, my Dad bought/buys fresh vegetables from the market once/twice a week. And he always uses a single reusable bag. He buys like 6 kinds of vegetables, 4 kinds of fruit or more, loads them all into the one bag and comes home with not a single piece of paper or plastic. Isn't that awesome? I would love to be able to do that. Of course, I could do without the bargaining - my Dad would be so disappointed in me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic