Ad infinitum

I will never climb Mt.Everest. Not that there was any danger of it happening any time soon. But still. I am firm on this decision. I finished reading Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. It is a raw and real book and illustrates, among the many other qualities, the stupidity and recklessness of humans, as a species.

Finally took my car to a car wash over the weekend. And now it's like watching the world in high definition as I drive - it's like some one just upped the resolution and the windshield doesn't even exist. This happens every time I get my car washed. I should do something like this for my glasses too, once in a while!

I've been very bad. There are people out there who are not only willing to read my blog, but also willing to acknowledge the fact by leaving comments abt my blog and I haven't replied to them. The problem here is twinfold : a) I somehow don't get to read the comments until much later. b) I don't have anything witty to say in response.
Now that I've read them and have given up on solving b), I shall respond to some of them anyways.

sk re rotaries :
"Rotaries save fuel, reduce traffic congestion, prevent accidents, wake up people from auto-pilot, whip around the cerebral juices, occasionally give a mild high...roundabouts were around since the days of horse-drawn carriages because the cabbies didn't know how to stop the horses at a light (horses are color blind). they are guilt devices made to give every driver a second thought about going forward or turning back. if only we had roundabouts in life instead of crossroads."

*Me* : Yes, you make many valid points. To all that, I say tongue-sticking-out-making-spluttering-sound-like-5-year-olds-to-indicate-indifference. And yes, I will steal that sentence about roundabouts in life and use it at some point :-)

Preeti Sharma :
"What the cabbage...great post."

*Me* : Thank you - and you said it sister. Making the world a better place - cussing one vegetable at a time.

Bourne :
good that you keep your blogs curt & crisp, makes them that much more readable. btw what is it with your blog titles, fetish for gre wordlist, can't get over it eh? i recommend this piece of work, "reading the OED" by ammon shea.

*Me* : Curt and crisp - my blogs!?!! Fetish for words ? - you mean a preposession for verbiage, a fixation, an obsessive devotion? Of course not :-). I haven't read the OED piece yet but I got started on "In Praise of Idleness". The man is a visionary. And may I call your Jason?

Displaced Indian :
"Day dreaming about middle earth? Find something else - How about the nice guy you missed in aisle nine?"

*Me* : But that's just the point - I missed him! I always do. Aragorn, son of Arathorn, on the other hand, is available on Blu-Ray and Hi Def, any time. It is all about being accessible.

a fly on the wall :
Various comments.

*Me* : As one of the first readers of this blog, you are commended on bravery and initiative.


And there ends the blog that proves that you can, if you so decide, blog on anything. Good night sleepy heads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic