Fiduciary

Fall is a beautiful season. I am sure people have mentioned this before but I feel compelled to state it anyways. It is really gratifying to walk out of work and see so many hues of orange, amber, rust, maroon and yellow along with green. And often, you get to see all these colors in a single tree! Today, ofcourse, nature decided to show off. So around 6.15 pm, it arranged for a light drizzle, an overcast sky and a misty rainbow in the parking lot, to go with the colors, as I walked to my car. I drove home on the short windy road, with lots of trees on both sides, as I do everyday, marvelling at the colors and was a couple of minutes away from home when a small part of the sky started clearing a little, and sunlight came in at that perfect angle to light the clouds and show the world that there are indeed, 87 hues of blue and pink in life - and not just in the a Sherwin Williams catalogue. Talking about colors, I discovered the name, burnt sienna, when I bought my first oil colors kit. I like saying it. Burnt sienna. Burnt sienna.

So, I've been gone for a week. And it's been an interesting week in the world. In this week Wall Street records were set, much talked about bills didn't pass, Michigan upset Wisconsin in a very interesting match( that I didn't watch :-( ), pirates held a couple of ships for ransom off the coast of Somalia (so these ships were pirated!?) and my yellow Asiatic lily bloomed. Yup, incredible as the news may seem, the yellow Asiatic lily finally bloomed. After months of carefully ignoring it and only watering it when the thought came to me, it has bloomed. I'll probably stick a picture in the next blog. And now is the time for all good men, and women, to stop blogging and rest their weary minds. Poof.

Comments

Good writing girl!

However, you drive me to the dictionary with the one word titles you have! I think I know the meaning, read the blog - and then feel the urge to look it up anyways!

DI

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic