Wrackspurt

Blogger informs me that this is my 100th post. I refuse to cave under pressure and produce a scintillating post. I'll stick to my usual unique style - rambling and largely pointless.

It's been an interesting couple of weeks and weekend. I ran a pretty bad 15 miler yesterday. My quads were sore to begin with and I had to stop around 13-14 miles and just walk the rest. It probably did some good for my quads but not my morale. But no worries - that's what good food and afternoon naps are for. Anyways, after a truly tasty, filling and more importantly, hilariously entertaining lunch with the gang, and a long drive home (Thank you Massachusetts for the ubiquitous construction!), I walked into ye olde homestead. I automatically flicked the TV on while I did the basic pottering around routine that is standard and 10 minutes later I heard a phrase that I never dreamt I would hear : ".. I started juicing and the rest is history". What!!?! Apparently, this was an infomercial for Jack Lallane's Power Juicer, Jack Lallane being some hot shot TV fitness guy from back in the day. Anyways, the Power Juicer can just eat up whole fruits and vegetables and produce juice. So you put in a potato, a tomato, a squash and 2 other veggies (I would NOT want to taste that but that's what they made in the infomercial) and out comes juice and get this - the rest is history! This is a strange and fun world we live in, I tell you.

Lying on grass in the sun and alternately napping and chattering idly with other such revelers is as close as it gets to Paradise. I spent an hour in Paradise today.

And just in case Wade Phillips is reading my blog : "I think it's a jerk move to call a time-out with a micro-second left so that kicker has already kicked by the time it's officially called."

And so to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic