Concomitant

I cannot finish my poems. My paintings don't get done. But this hardly seems complaint worthy when nature's working on a grand masterpiece alongside - Fall.

A well worn, open book.
The green and gold of the long stalks of corn.
The glass like surface of a calm pool of water.
The crimson, yellow and gold of the leaves of Fall.

What makes all of these even better? Sunlight. Open, warm, life-giving sunshine. You can tell it's one of my favorite things.

On to other things.

Let's take a look at the good and bad decisions that I've taken regarding the marathon training this year :

1. Skipping multiple runs (sometimes for up to 10 days) to travel for pleasure : Bad (for marathon training) Good (for pleasure :-) )
2. Letting my legs, and not the coach, decide how many mid-week runs I did and how long they were. Good (for MT) Good (for quality of life)
3. Waiting until I was able to run a good 25K road race after all the traveling before committing to running the full marathon. Irrelevant (for marathon training) Good (for peace of a slightly-commitment-phobic mind)
4. Donating a pint of blood at the peak of marathon training. Not-really-the-best-idea (for MT) Good (for Karma)

All in all, things are good, though. I finished the last long run of the training (~ 21 miles) last Saturday. This was a big deal and did my morale a world of good 'cause I'd been unable to finish 15 miles the previous week or even run 6 miles without stopping a few days before that. Squash - even taking three flights of stairs briskly left me exhausted in the days after the donation. But then, things got much better. Thanks to my awesome plan of eating loads of stuff with Iron in it. Actually, the plan was just to eat loads of stuff - the Iron came along for free.

And so, brimming with confidence and Iron, to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic