Ah! The crisp air, the slightest invigorating chill, the early dusks of Fall. The time when the lights at home seem warm and welcoming as you drive back from work at night. Well, in my case, the lights are all switched off until I actually get into the house and switch them on but you get what I mean.

I am a happy camper. Have had a blissful set of days lately. From Mississippi to Reykjavik to back home in Boston. All those fantastic and wonderful sights and experiences. And just in time for that transformation from summer to Fall. Yes, things are good.

The only fly in the ointment when I got back from my vacation was my worry about the upcoming Cape Ann 25k on Labor Day for which I felt woefully under prepared. But Goofy pulled it off yet again (Goofy is my guardian angel. Yes I have a name for him and yes there's some history to this but we'll get there later). Anyways, after just a 6 mile run the day after I got back and a 4 mile jog-walk two days after that, I was able to finish the 25K and actually did better than I expected. My cup of joy runneth over. Again - I was kinda startled to find that I had done only 3-4 minutes better than the last time I ran this race 2 years ago (I'd been under the impression that I did much better this time) but still.

The other cool thing that happened as a result of finishing this race - not counting that delightful veggie-melt and those unbelievable home style fries I had for brunch after the race (this potatoes and home style fries thing is getting way out of hand and has to reined in as should this sentence at this point) - is that I finally decided that I am going to do the Bay State Marathon in Lowell, MA this October 18th! That's six weeks from now. Six weeks to go and no injuries as of now - hopefully I'll keep it this way and have a much better marathon experience this time around. Let's see how things go. But for now, the air is cool and the weather is good and the world abounds with guilt-free treats (home style fries, etc). So let the good times roll.

And so to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic