fractious

It's been a good set of days. The week itself was fun, what with hanging out with folks on Wed - and before I forget, here's a shout out to "S" and "Y" for reading/pretending to read by blog and requesting to star in it ;-) - and watching "Up" the next day with the usual gang (awesome movie!). P was flying in on Friday and a few hours before his departure from O, it was decided that we would attempt to hike up Mt.Washington. As usual it was a slightly imbalanced plan. Late Friday night, I set out to pick him up from the hour-away airport. Somehow this turned into a road trip for 3 of my concerned friends. Suffice to say that there were bad jokes a plenty and some rather interesting conversation. Randomness abounds in my life. Anyways, it was around 2 am by the time we crashed and I actually managed to be up by 6.30 am the next morning. By 8.30 we were showered, breakfasted and packed and P was armed with enough stuff to survive a hurricane and live out a week while waiting for the rescuers to get to him. It was a three hour drive to get to the base of the mountain and a good 7.5 hour hike including almost an hours break at the top. Loved it! I had a great time hiking and re-affirmed my love for the outdoors. I also managed to meet a couple of real nice, fun folks on my way back down as P preferred the more elegant way to get back to the base of the mountain - the van. And then there was that crazy three hour drive back home. Tired is one way to describe how we felt when we walked in at midnight.

Of course, I bummed around with P on Sunday and had plans in the evening => I postponed the stretching for the next day. Needless to say, negotiating the stairs has been interesting over the past couple of days. However, all is not lost. Managed to get a 4 miler with a 1 mile walk done today. It was the perfect weather for it. Light drizzle, temps in the 60s. And my shins didn't complain either. Or maybe they did - only my right quad and the left calf have been complaining way more loudly since the hike.

So I thought I'd end the post (yes, it's not done yet - I know - sorry) with some thoughts that have been flitting in and out of my mind as I type up this post :

- what are the words of that song that I was thinking of y'day?
- should I have done my laundry today?
- Dab it - how the heck am I going to get a* and b* done at work this week? (* a and b are things that need to get done at work this week)
- Man, did I botch that* up or what? (*that is something that I botched up big time recently)
- How the heck did I manage to set off the fire alarm twice in the last few weeks?
- How the squash am I going to get rid of this fried oil smell in the house?
- I should have done my laundry today.
- Didn't I promise the dear ol' four wheeler a clean up and wash after it's 5th birthday?
- Jeez - I botched that up.
- Am I thirsty?
- Yann Martel!! That's it - I remembered the name of that author!
- Why can't I just eat healthier?
- I think I am an endorphin junkie.

And so, my darling readers, to bed.

Comments

So you like Life of Pi?
Btw the last couple of notes from your post reminded me of the writing style of Douglass Adam :-P High praise indeed!
SK said…
rock on! get it? rock = mt. washington...on rock...gahh. this is where puns go to die.

anyhoo, woo hoo!
Mt. Washington is yours now
the happy gardener
Kashmora said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kashmora said…
AFOTW - have I told you I love you, girl? Douglas Adam!! Nah, though that's one of the most wonderful things to say, it is just way way waaaaaaay too unfair :-)

And yes, Life of Pi is one of my favorite books.
dudette, i liked your deleted comment better... I love me indeedemoni! :-P

I really like Life of Pi as well :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

orphic