Riddermark

Since (yes, yes, I am aware that it is not right to start a sentence, let alone a new blog post with "since" but then it's my blog ha ha ) I just finished re-watching "Lord of the Rings" - this time the extended edition of the DVDs - over the past week, and re-affirmed that it is one of the best stories I've read, I decided to pay tribute to Tolkien by using random words from His books as the titles to my posts. Thank you, great sire! Your creativity completely overwhelmed me while I read the books and has blessed many an idle afternoon of mine with its ample food for thought and daydreaming. From Fangorn to Lothlorien to Ithilien, from Rohan to Mordor to Gondor, I've pondered some happy hours away. Seriously, if someone finds a portal to Middle Earth, it would be a sin to not let me know.


On another note, Corningware entered my life, full of promise, but now it seems like it will come to naught. I finally decided to move past my old grad student-like tupper/plastic ware and get some real cookware. Well, store ware at least. So I went to the store y'day and bought me some Corningware. Having arrived at home, I discovered that what I'd bought was just one, not a set of two as I'd imagined, dish with a lid and also that it was much bigger than what I'd wanted. Now, how can I be so misled when it mentions both the quantity and dimensions of the containers on the box?'Cause I think I zoned out after reading some 20 labels in that section of the store. It often happens. Well, to be fair, I don't think it would have helped at all if I fully registered the dimensions of the corningware when I bought it. I have no idea of estimation - whatsoever. No idea. Yes, I am an engineer. No, I don't know how.

And now : Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And a red dawn! Forth Eorlingas!

Stop - couldn't help it. Had to say that - it's been in my head all evening. And now to bed :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin