The crocus is wilting

I've figured out my call sign or call phrase or whatever it is. If there is a huge war in the future, and I enlist and am sent deep into enemy territory and need to pass a coded message to the base station, that message will be "The crocus is wilting". To get the full picture, you must imagine this message on a radio with a lot of static - "The crocus ..... is wilting. I repeat, ... crocus is wilt...". Don't fear for my sanity, my darling readers - the bean is safe. I just happen to have a crocus plant in my living room and, in conversation with P just now, I mentioned that it was wilting. And once I said that, I knew it instantaneously, that this would be my call sign.

Anyways, I probably am still not all here. The thing is, I am sleepy. And I can't go to sleep 'cause that darned David Letterman show doesn't air until 11.30 pm ( I actually like the Letterman show a lot - that man is insane). No, I'm not addicted to that show but tonight, my man Eli Manning is going to be on the show. Now, you see the light. So I need to stay up for another hour at least. And then, I am sure he's going to call Eli in at the very end of the show for about 10 mins. The things love makes you do. Sigh.

Which brings us to another related point ( I don't even know if it is legal to start a paragraph like this) : who will be the next guy? I know I've been devoted to quite a few folks in my life ranging from Steve Waugh to the older Peyton Manning, but I must say I've quite outdone myself when it comes to Eli Manning and his Giants - I think it's the whole underdog angle and that unbelievably lost, farmboy expression on Eli's face. So who will it be that will bring me out of this Eli phase?

I'm up anyways - so instead of blogging meaninglessly, should I work? I've been kinda slacking off over the past week. Maybe it's a good idea to work. Hmmmm. I think I will go for it.
Alrightey then, goodnight ye good folks. Catch you all sometime later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic