Gulzar and other stuff

What does Gulzar mean half the time anyways? He drives me crazy, that man. The thing that gets me is that I actually understand parts of his lyrics. I would be at peace if I didn't understand a word of what he says. But no, I kinda get the meaning of a few phrases but when I put them all together, I am not really sure. Like that solution to a problem that you get in your dream, it stops just short of making full sense. After years of struggling with this, I have decided that this is precisely his intent. Oh well. They still sound beautiful and make me feel deep so I shall continue to enjoy them. Imagery, that's how he gets us. He can just create the most amazing and simple images in our heads without our brains fully understanding the lyrics. He has found the shortcut, bless his soul.

In other news, I almost scalded my hands doing the dishes just now. I always do this. Somehow I believe that only by washing my dishes in near boiling water can I ensure that they are clean and disinfected after use. In this process, I keep near-scalding my hands. So I'll be standing at the sink going "Aaaah, ouch, ouch" and rinsing away my dishes. By the time I am 35 my hands will look 75. Who cares? I'll have really clean dishes to show for that. Back to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic