Getafix/Druid

That's right. I wasn't able to decide what to name the blog and since both of them were related anyways, I chose to name it Getafix or Druid.

Sigh. It's 1:52 am. I should not be up. I should be in sweet sweet slumber laced with some fantastic dreams. But I am up. And so I shall blog.

It was a productive day. WFH day. The lesser said about the actual amount of office work done, the better. On the other hand, I finally did my laundry and cleaned my fridge. There is always a silver lining. I should just figure out how to work that into my weekly report now.

So it's PR's Annual Christmas Dinner tomorrow night and I was suddenly seized with an urge to contribute to the menu. I will put this down to C's evil influence. (Interesting : C's first appearance on the blog. Association with the word Evil. Hmmm)
Anywho. So there was the urge. And we all know how I get after that. So I finished up my chores in the evening and was planning on heading out to the stores to procure the necessary ingredients and implements around 7. Some work cropped up and my guilt that I hadn't been very productive work wise all day got the better of me. So finally, around 8-ish, I headed out with my 3 grocery bags and a tiny list of the necessary items. It was a cold day but I patiently pulled on all the layers and went out. By 9:30 things were looking bleak. I was still hunting down the necessary implements at Target and was finding out that a Double Boiler was not to enter my life at this stage. Thanks to C, I figured out that I would be able to avoid this step and proceed. Now there was the mad dash to a grocery store I never went to, running around the aisles, picking up all the ingredients and then being stumped, stymied and completely thrown off by the lack of Condensed Milk in the Baking Needs aisle. I swear - I went up and down that aisle 4 times and didn't find it. For good measure, I went up and down the neighboring aisle a couple of times too. The store was closing as I walked around so I had to give up and walk to the counter to get all the rest billed. I didn't know of any other stores that would be open this late but I wanted that Blasted Condensed Milk. What the heck is Condensed Milk anyways? I mean what sort of name is it? Are the collecting the Condensation of Milk from some ... oh forget it. Anyways, it was past 10 and I was without CM. Then, I suddenly remembered this other store that was supposed to be close to my place whose location and parking I had never figured out. No time like the present, I figured, and drove up there. Finally, at ~ 10:50 pm, I was finally home with everything I needed to make the thing that I wanted to make. Exhausted, hungry but successful. And also stupid. In general.

Our story continues at the stroke of midnight. OK - maybe 5 mins before that. This is when I started on the first step - attack the packet of Pistachios with the sole, blunt knife that I own. The rest of the cooking session was pretty uneventful (except when the spatula, with some chocolate on it, decided to take off on its own and went 2 feet up in the air before hitting a cabinet door and landing on the kitchen floor in a mess (all to the background of my aaaa-aaA-AAAAA- MUMMY!) Oh well) so I am going to present it in pics














But then, I was left with this :



And by the time all the cleaning was done and other assorted pre-going-to-bed tasks were completed, it was this late. And I couldn't go to bed right away 'cause I was hopped on all that chocolate that I licked/cleaned off of the spatula, etc. But, it might be worth it, *if* the Peppermint Fudge with Pistachios turns out ok ( by the way, I unashamedly pulled this recipe off a blog so no kudos to me).

In other news, I am utterly and completely grateful for the joy of having a wonderful nephew in my life now. You must understand that this guy is the cutest baby boy on earth right now. Anyone who thinks otherwise will have to come talk to me personally. It will not be pleasant. :-)

And so, very late, to bed.

Alright

Comments

Baldin said…
Well done.Trust that the Fudge did come out as you wished and all its consumers enjoyed it's delicious taste.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin