Solstice : Day 65

I should have written/be writing about an absolutely amazing, fantastic vacation that I came back from a couple of weeks ago but I shall put it off for later. Some of you who are reading are thinking: "No, you shouldn't be writing at all". Well boohoo - it's my blog and so I will. :-)

Autumn is upon us. Fall is here. I like Fall. I equate it to the Sunday mornings of our lives. All the excitement and eagerness surrounding the end of a long winter(week) is done in Spring(Friday) and the happy, carefree fun Summer(Saturday) is over too and we come to Fall(Sunday). And this is how one beats an analogy to death and back.
Anyways, Fall and Sunday mornings. Both happy, content times. Time to get over the madness and excitement but not time yet to start fretting about the coming winter. The only thing that bugs me about it is that sometimes we have all this rain(like now) and all that gorgeous color is just washed away onto the pavements.

On to the next topic.

What does it take to have a happy day? It was indifferent work-from-home day. Rain outside, failing builds inside. Did manage to make some progress over the day but by the time I laced my shoes around 6:45 pm this evening, the day seemed headed straight to mediocrity. Especially given that I just started running again a few days ago after a long break and have only been running ~2 miles when I did. So I decided against the jacket, for the ipod and off I went into the drizzly, dreary and kinda cold evening. As usual, I ran faster than usual over the first mile and a half, coming to complete stops at the many signals on the way to the river. But for a change, once I got there, I decided to reduce pace and keep going for as much as I could. Pushed it in a couple of places but settled down to a decent pace. It felt good - just me and my shoes and occasional other joggers and the mist and the rain. 6.5 miles later, I was tired, short of breath, wet and slightly red in the face but most importantly, home.:-) And now a shower, good dinner, nice dessert and conversation later, I am extremely happy and content with the day and life in general. I am sure I won't feel the same when the alarm goes off at 6:30 am tomorrow, but that's another day.

And so to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin