Cautery

144th post. 12 squared. That was the first thought in my head when I logged in and saw the number on the post. I'll make Dad proud yet.

Recipe for a wonderful night's sleep. Get by for a week with your sleep tank running low, get through 4 days of a long week, drag your sorry, tired, old, currently-extremely-unfit self through 4 miles of running (on the pretext of checking out the neighborhood Fall colors), drive above-mentioned sorrier, tireder, older, currently-extremely-unfit self home over the span of 50 mins, take a longer shower than usual, and eat a hearty dinner. Now let's see who wins the snooze battle!

Multiple topics exist. But I shall pick a random post : something I had written a month or more ago.

We dream. We dream of fantastic settings and adventurous acts. Of places far away in space or circumstance. We dream of situations outside our comfort zone. And once in a while, we are lucky to be able to live the dream. Lucky to get the opportunity and to be brave or foolish enough to take it. But the dream that gives us great joy in its fulfillment also punishes us by that very fact. By turning into reality. By either being replaced by another dream and another wait or by ending and sending us back to our routine - leaving us forever restless and reminiscing. Such is our fate - to be eternally restless - us dreamers.

Rather deep. I feel like I am cheating, 'cause I am no longer in the mood that I was when I wrote this piece. In fact, as I typed that up, my mind was actively engaged in a debate with it's healthier twin about whether or not I should eat a chocolate muffin at this late hour. And guess who won? The devil always does.

And so to bed.

Comments

sumita said…
In FB speak, "Like it!"
Still waiting to hear about this particular dream..

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin