Encyclical

I needed that rain. After spending the day working from home on this warm, muggy day and after the kinda distracted and discontented week I've had, I was very happy when the breeze from the open windows brought news of upcoming rain. And it came at the right time - when I finished a big chunk of work and was ready to take a break for the evening. I stepped into the balcony and hobnobbed with the drops and it was as much fun as it used to be when the monsoons finally came to my city in India. And the 20 minute downpour followed by the sun breaking through the clouds inspired me. I undertook one more of my therapeutic home cleaning and re-organizing efforts. It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate that you can easily do without. (Remind me to talk about Jerome K Jerome's amazing thoughts on the same subject - in a a philosophic vein). I was pretty happy once I was done - got rid of a bunch of things and made the apartment more airy. I think there was some parallel between the physical event and my mental processes - I was a happy camper, rested and free, once it was done. And hopefully, it has tired me enough that I can go to sleep now. If not, there's always Mr.Wodehouse :-)

And so to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic