rhododendron

Ok. I admit it. This city is growing on me. Last night I ran my 6 mile loop - down to the river, around the river and back home. It was pretty late and dark but there were still folks running along the route. And the lights of the city and their reflections on the water made a pretty sight as I crossed the bridge on my way back. Of course, they probably looked much more beautiful due the fact that I was walking, not running at that point. Again, someday, I will figure out which part of running it is that I truly enjoy :-)

Today, there was a man sitting a couple of chairs from me at my cafe - vigorously sketching the people who walked in and out of the cafe. It was great to sit there, drinking my cider, writing idly and watching him sketch.

But I have got to watch myself. Pretty soon, I will be the snooty urban chick types that drinks herbal tea, wears shawls and multiple layers of strange & colorful clothing and just does not smile. If that happens, you have the permission to whack me on the head and knock some sense into me. Not smiling!! - that just doesn't make any sense.

Today's playlist :

- Falling in love at the coffee shop - Landon Pigg
- Think of you - A Fine Frenzy
- Closing Time - Semisonic

And so, dear readers, to bed.

Comments

SK said…
Andala! which is an-agram of AA land...(that portmanteau of an+anagram is my new way of conversation conservation - although this lengthy explanation defeats the purpose. just like some real conservation efforts, actually) and what do you mean 'pretty soon'? when in cambridge, be a snooty chick.
Yashas said…
how delightfully Cambridge! Now drive a Prius, listen to NPR and carry your own shopping bag filled with organic local produce and you are all set :)
Kashmora said…
@SK - No, no. Have decided to not go back to AAland for at least a couple of months now. It was far to frequent. And I still am not sure I fully understand your comment (sound of an aircraft flying right over my head)
@Yashas - Would love a Vespa instead, NPR is not zippy enough for me in the morning and I always carry my own shopping bag and believe in local produce - from back home :-P

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin