ebullient

A fine , sunny spring day

Let’s trade some stories and hours, my friend
it’s a fine, sunny, spring day.
No talk of angry or bitter things,
lets save them for another day

Let’s skip and skim on the surface of us,
just fragments of our lives.
You talk of books, I’ll talk of art,
I’ll make you wink and you make me smile.

No talk of love , but like and such
no warm embraces or promises
Let’s be new friends, happy to belong
Winding through words and silences.

If I rest my head next to yours,
will you promise to let it slide?
I’ll take your hand and you hold mine
Let’s put all our worries aside.

No don’t tell me your secrets today
It’s a fine, sunny, spring day
We’ll watch as time passes idly by
We won’t let it get in our way.

Let’s trade some stories and hours, my friend
It’s a fine, sunny, spring day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i honestly adore all your posting way, very interesting,
don't quit as well as keep penning considering it just simply very well worth to follow it.
excited to look over more of your own articles, have a pleasant day ;)
THG,

You've hit a chord with this poem. This captures the beauty of younger year friendship to the hilt - When you are older, friendship has to bear the burdens of depth of sharing, the weight of thoughts, and the heights of expectations. When young, you just spend time together without doing much and still bond in a way only young fiends can.

DI
Kashmora said…
Muchas gracias, Senor DI! What you said is very true.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin