Prophylactic

It has come to a point where I am not sure if I have used the title already.. I should probably have a list of titles somewhere.. Will blogger complain if I try to create another post with the same name?

Coming to the actual topic of the post or the non-topic.
I ran 6.2 miles today. Ok - so I walked a few short stretches in between but still. It was fun. I had spent most of the day at home and realized around 5 pm that surprise, suprise! - I really wasn't that productive as I'd planned on being. So I pulled up my socks, pulled down my cap, pulled on my gloves and stepped out to run. I haven't run in a while but I've been looking fwd to running here - in the city - since my move. Anywho - around an hour = 15 songs = a kabillion steps in tune with my wildly swinging plaits = one really red nose later, I was back at my apartment. It was cold but not too cold and the run kept me reasonably warm so it was a pretty good one for the most part. Except for the last leg where I was getting tired and I told myself that I should just continue running and rest up at the lights at all the countless intersections on the way. Except I freaking hit every single walk-light on the way! Can you believe it? There I would be - 10 paces from the intersection reassured by the orange hand and as soon as I arrived at the said point, the stupid little white walking man would show up. What the squash! Oh well, it was good exercise on the whole and I got that dose of endorphins I sorely needed.

I am determined to always include the following in my life, whatever the future years bring me :

1. Soap bubble water+wand
2. Funny Youtube links/bad (read superfunny) jokes.
3. Most of the letters/emails that A(bro) sends me/has sent me over the years.
4. At least one plant.
5. Donations to good causes (within my means)
6. A few random prejudices
7. A good collection of Hindi, Telugu and English music
8. A pair of running shoes
9. Walking for pleasure and just to get around (to places reasonably accessible by walking)
10. At least a quick 2 mins in the balcony/patio every day (when it is not snowing/raining and when I do have access to a balcony/patio)
11. To Kill a Mocking Bird
12. Life of Pi
13. Cards and notes from friends and family.
14. Some dancing
15. Colors - water colors/crayons/pencils/oil paints
16. Random phone conversations with my peeps.
17. A sense of humor - especially about myself.
18. Poetry
19. Being outdoors/in the sun for at least 10 mins every day.
20. Spending atleast 2 mins of the day not worrying abt work, life, future, finances, car servicing, the works - and just seeing things in perspective.
21. Curiosity in people and the world.
22. Belief in goodness.
23. Looking out of windows.

And so to bed.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kash,

Next time you find time for one of your random phone calls with your peeps, you should think of us. You know how to find us!

DI
Kashmora said…
@DI : Would love to do that! Will catch up once I am back from my short travels.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin