Iceburns and multivitamins

I just spent 30 uncomfortable minutes icing my right shin and my left knee. Icing is not a fun activity. Firstly there's all the mess involved in putting the ice in a plastic bag and trying to hold it steady over the injured area with one hand while trying to attach it to this area using some contraption with the other hand (in my case it was another plastic bag). It dripped - dripped on the footstool, on the couch , on the coffee table until I gave up and just let it drip over my carpet. And then there's the iceburn. They ( those very knowledgeable internet folks) tell you that the discomfort/burning sensation lasts only for a a couple of minutes and then the area becomes numb. I don't completely agree - it burns for quite a while. All in all, icing an injury is not a fun week-night activity.

That done, I moved to step 2. Step 2 is applying a pain reliever/anodyne cream called "Eutheria". My parents brought this from India and when I sprained my neck during our trip to Chicago, this cream had worked wonders. Still, it is a stretch to think that this can solve my twin problems of shin splints and ITB pain but I am an optimist. So, I applied lavish doses of the cream and mimicked a sports massage video I had seen online. If there was any hope of recovery, I think I nixed it with my bony fingered massage :-). Oh well.

Now for the final step. I've decided to take multivitamins every day until the marathon to make sure I get my required daily dosage of Calcium, Potassium,etc. I am sure I am getting all the vitamins and minerals I need for the simple reason that I've been eating anything/everything that is edible ever since the training runs went into double digits. Still, take no chances.

Now, seeing that I am falling asleep typing these words, I think it's time to gravitate to my bed. I have a meeting tomorrow where I promised someone I'll have a bunch of files all set up so that all we'd need to do was drop them into the environment and test them. I haven't created a single file yet. Darn! Will have to move the alarm up to 5.30 am. Anyways, that's tomorrow. Right now, it's off to sleep for a full 6.5 hrs :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin