Blandings

Where did the carefree days go? Now, if I spend an evening just watching TV and reading, I feel like like I'm forgetting something or just plain guilty.

Anyways, here I am. You'll be happy to know that even though I haven't been working out as much as I'd hoped or writing as much,  I am making reasonable progress on the other items on the year's bucket list.  C & I have the basic planning for the India trip done and I finally re-started Slaughterhouse Five ( I started this a loong time ago, read about 10 pages and then got distracted). Aaaand, I actually made a couple of new recipes this year - a veggie pasta (with much help from C) and a white-radish-and-fenugreek-leaves recipe, all by my self.  I think I am taking after my Mom in making random recipes up based on what veggies we have at home. Of course, I have a secret power she didn't - Google!

I should tell you about the very nice day I had last week. I had a bad cold and sore throat and decided to stay home and work as able. Great decision. I got to sit by a sunny window and do my work. I had access to hot tea whenever I wanted. I could get up and stretch my legs or stare out the window whenever I wanted. And best of all, I got to watch the absolutely lazy and relaxed day the kitties enjoy everyday. If there is such a thing as re-incarnation, I am coming back as a much spoilt domestic cat in a happy household.

If I could go anywhere this evening, I'd go back to the lazy summers in high school or my early college days - all those hours hanging out at one of two S's houses. On the terrace, at the gate, in the living room. There was such a warmth, such an unworried absorption in the current and such a contentment in our bounded world in those days. I am so lucky to have had such a childhood.

And so, nostalgically, to my book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin