Apotheosis

The girl is giddy. Or rather, the girl was giddy and now, like a balloon on its third day, she is making her way down. Still up and happy, mind you but calming down by the minute. Why, you wonder? Let's see : a reasonably productive day at work, an eye-opening discussion with T leading to an epiphany (more on that later), a six mile walk+jog that took less time than expected (1 hr 12 mins - no I wasn't very fast, I just set low expectations :-) ) , the resultant endorphins,  the arrays of fresh fruit at the grocery store ( made me want to run up and down yelling "this is why summer is AWESOME!") , the wonderful sandwich that entered my life shortly there after, and finally the 700% daily serving of Vitamin A sloshing around my insides. Seriously, how potent is that Bolthouse Farms Carrot Juice? I now have images of doing shots of this juice  in my head now. The images are in my head, I mean - not the shots.  And a nice phone call to home to round it off. All in all, a happy day.

Going back to my epiphany, however. So you know how the Earth is revolving, governments are crumbling, new ones are forming, water levels are rising, economies are dragging their feet and .... summer is marching along. In my discussion with T at the end of the work day, I had a moment of clarity when I realized that I hadn't done too much and summer was half over. And this is bang in the middle of The Hundred Days of Enthusiasm (that's a whole another post). I mean I've had many very good days this summer and have had fun : gardened, hung out with friends, barbecued/grilled, partied at a wedding, traveled a little and even tried my hand at some paint swirl glass vasing but still. No giddiness. I just wasn't crazy giddy abt it - which is the only way to be, clearly.  I realized this needed to be corrected. Summer and free time must be given due respect. R-E-S-P-E-C-T. And then it came to me. Like a brain zap.

No Weekend Left Behind.

Yes, it's true. You just read that. Awesomeness in a phrase.
So now, all that I need to do is to figure out the how, where and when. It'snot so much that I shall find super fun things to do. It's more of find-things-to-do and go giddy on it. Make 'em super fun.
I promise - I am not under the influence of any alcohol or drugs. I tell you : Endorphins + Vitamin A. 700%
Alrightey me readers, time to get back to my 1984 with the firm belief that a little less sleep will in no way affect my plans to get to work early tomorrow. (Optimism is a wonderful thing). And so to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic