Reflections of a Secret

It's the secret in your eyes
like beginnings of new smiles
more beautiful than all the lies
that we lace with our goodbyes.

You see miracles in every day
like coming home, and summer rain
and this strange journey that connects
tomorrow to yesterday.

It's the secret in my eyes
like silhouettes in sunshine
more wonderful than the thoughts that hide
between those unsaid lines

Like the poet and his words,
and the way this life unfolds
I see love in all-around
not just the places that we look for

It's the secret in our eyes
the one that I can't define
but they'll find its echoes inside
all the stories we know we've to write.


finis

On a different note, I wonder what Christopher Nolan dreams about.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Journey that connects yesterday to tomorrow - That is good stuff! You seriously have to think about publishing all your best poems as a book now!

Luv,
DI
Anonymous said…
I just looped back to your previous one and that had

while I'm caught in between
what was and will be.

Isnt that a lot of introspection? Is that a view to how you are feeling or is that more of a current 'mood'? Would love to peek into that window. Keep writing, its fun to read some poems that I can understand!

Luv,
DI
Kashmora said…
Dear DI,
Muchas Gracias! Very glad you liked them. And yes, if I ever have enough good poems, then I will start thinking on publishing the "best" as a book :-)

Introspection - yes. Life, time, and their complexities do happen to occupy my mind these days. Of course, maybe the simple fix for that is to not stay up so late :-)
Catch up with you soon

Luv,
Kash

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin