el escritario

It is 2:10 am (son las dos y diez de la noche - STOP! I've been doing espanol homework while doing the test-debug-run cycle on my looong running code for the last couple of hours and now I can't seem to get out of the translate-everything-into-spanish mode! Ah, my love for the parentheses!) Coming back to the point.(el punto! Pare!! STOP ALREADY!) Yes, the point. It's 2 am and now that I am done with my homework and it seems like my stuff is going to run for a while, I should be in bed. Why, then, am I posting this post under the watchful eye of Boltie ?
Because I had a perfect weekend. Yes, the weather was less than perfect. But since I didn't plan many outdoor activities, I did achieve my perfect weekend. And because I have no idea how many times things are going to align so perfectly in my life, I thought I should make a note of it.

Components of a perfect weekend :

1. Lazy Friday night with awesome Falafel and the fantabulawesome new Star Trek on Blu-ray. The movie is rife with coolness.
2. Lazy Saturday catching up with family and friends, cleaning up the house, re-arranging furniture to achieve a more airy setup, good breakfast and lunch at home, unbelievable chocolate cake as a reward for all the good work at home, general, un-agenda-ed hangout with a friend, watching the Departed, being totally impressed with zhe movie, latching onto a couple of tiny flaws in the movie and having fun at their expense.
3. Lazy Sunday running 3 miles at veery slow pace with a group of friends, wonderful desi buffet for brunch, very cool/impressive documentary on Obama/health care ( I must admit I watched it more for the photography and production values of PBS than the content. It was good to get a good summary of the whole year long drama in an hour long episode, though) on PBS, 1.5 hour afternoon nap (Oh! how long have I waited for this!), unplanned hangout at friend's place with good tea and conversation, walking back home, working unhurriedly and finishing the espanol homework.

And what greater joy is there in this world than to discover that the comforter bag that you have been saving and patiently moving from one house to the other over the course of 4 years, is readily available when you need it, and that you are still able to actually fit the comforter in said bag easily?

Here's a toast to all the angels who lined this up for me. Muchas Gracias!

And so, with espanol palabras swimming in my head, to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

orphic