Lachrymose troubadour

'nuff with the poetry! What is up with all that gravity, seriously?

Anyhoo, I had decided that I would post a what-do-you-call-it, a look back at the year of 2009 before it ended. As expected, all that happened was the decision. Irregardless (which will remain one of my favorite words in this decade too), I've decided to do that now. Except I am sleepy. And tired. And happy that my code worked. And am wearing my favorite pajamas (the one with clouds on it) that says "on cloud nine". In short, I am giddy. So this is going to be one zippy post.

Let us see. (Rubbing hands) 2009, eh?

January: I came back after a good holiday at A's as usual and settled into my new home. Spent quite some time unpacking and setting up the new place. The high point of this month, apparently was the 2-door stackable organizer that I assembled all by my self!(comeuppance) I tell you - the excitement never ends here.

February : A wonderful trip to sunny California (where it rained most of the time) and all that time spent with good friends. Happy days. Also, I saw an orange tree (Hey P : not the tiny borange tree we saw, but a real one! (Explanation for naive readers - borange tree = bonsai orange tree)) laden with ripe oranges for the first time in my life. M is so lucky to have such a tree in her backyard. Other than that, I discovered the capital phrase : massive likeability (*This* is American Idol!) and Darnell Dockett of the Cardinals ( we need more such folks to sack Big Boring Ben of the Steelers).

March : By this time you've discovered that I am simply going through my old posts and coming up with this stuff. How amazing is it that I am actually trolling through stuff that is totally unremarkable to come up with more of such quality blogging?

INTERRUPTION : Retrospective! That is the word I was looking for!

Anyways, coming back to March. A poem that was in-the-works for the longest of times got done. Watched a fun improv show in zhe city. And most importantly, brought home my significant other. All 40 inches of gleaming, black, flatscreen. Pure evil and beauty. Predictably, watched the extended edition of Lord of the Rings. \
Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And for a red dawn. Forth Eorlingas!
P.S: remind me to tell you abt this webpage with the secret diaries of all the LOTR characters. Hilarious.

April : Running, Biking, spring and flowers. Sweetness.

May : More spring. More biking and running. Planting of a garden. Oscar Wao. And a catharsis of sorts with the post about bald mountain.

June : Mt.Washington is finally conquered. P's crazy one day trip and my own short trip to Michigan.

July : Ah! The Rockies! And the funniest, shortest hiking attempt in history - seriously, on the Continental Divide! The wonderful sand dunes at Alamosa. My obsession with Feist. And the resulting poem.

August : Ah August! My favorite month of this year. A super fun trip to dear ol' Mississippi. Met an amazing bunch of people and saw weed for the first time. That just sounds wrong but this was completely different. A beautiful drive up from MS to MI. And finally and most wonderfully! - the long dreamed abt, out of country vacation. Iceland! Reykjavik, Djupivogur, Akureyri, Jokulsarlon, Seydisfjordur, Siglufjordur, Kafla, Selfoss, Snaefellsness - all of it. Fantastic.Simply fantastic.

September : Cape Ann 25k. Finally, commitment to marathon. First blood donation. Yay! Realization of the fact that blood donation doesn't go well with strenuous activities such as marathon training. Not so yay.

October: Bay State marathon and resulting fund-raising. Happiness.

November : Uber laziness post marathon. Fun fun trip to NY with the junta.

December : A short but happy trip to India. Swell time hanging out with family and folks. Lame but funny New Year celebration followed by warm and fun dinner/breakfast. And finally back home. Back to where it all began.

All in all, it was a great year. I traveled to places new and old, enjoyed good health, met a lot of amazing people, made new friends, caught up with old friends and spent good times with the everyday ones, read books - new and old, wrote some poems, played with some oil colors, watched some amazing movies and just had so much fun. Here's to more of all that - to all of us! Love, laughter, luck, sunshine and all that is good.

Live long and Prosper (love that Vulcan!)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is wonderful blog. I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin