Back

So I am back. I should have written earlier, at least to say that I finished the marathon but after going over it so many times on email and phone and conversation with folks, I couldn't get myself to write it up again. I know - that probably sounds cocky but that's the truth. Suffice to say I took longer than I thought I would, the experience was different from how I thought it'd be, my injuries made a big difference and all in all, I was really glad to cross the finish line.

That said, what have I been up to in the last month and more since I wrote? Nothing much really - I've been working most of the time and not working the rest of the time. I know, I know - but c'mon - it's close to midnight and this is my blog. So I really should be allowed to say anything I want to :) Jokes apart, there's been a lot of work, though. Interestingly, after grumbling abt it for a week or so, I've sort of had an enlightenment. I've realized that this is basically how life is going to be. There is no golden deadline after which things get better, so you just have to live your life around the busy schedule that you have. This thought has improved my outlook and my mood significantly, I must say. Another advantage is that I've now attained a level of immunity to pressure that I have never been able to get to all my life. Case in point - I have a presentation to give at work tomorrow and I still haven't the faintest clue what I am going to be talking abt. I have 5-6 slides that I came up with over 10 mins before packing up from work and that's it. No plan, no data, no big picture. I am hoping it will all magically come to me tomorrow morning. And hope, as we all know, is the best thing there is.

Other than that, I've managed to fit in falling-in-love into my schedule. Richard Armitage - no, not the Sec'y of State of the US, but a handsome handsome British actor. I saw this guy in a BBC version of North and South and have been devoted to him since. The guy is tall, handsome as hell, has that wonderful British accent and had his rite of passage playing the brooding and handsome Mr.Thornton - what's not to like? So, I've decided that I will add a little piece on him in my blog occasionally.

So, here's RA's status for today : still smoldering.

Alrightey then, time to go to bed. Have to be up early tomorrow to get cracking on that presentation ( God save me - and the folks who have to listen to me! - or maybe I'll get lucky and wake up tomorrow to realize that I am in middle earth, after all. Alright, alright - goodnight!).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin