T-13

13 more days to go. I ran today after 8 days. I've been resting my shin/calf over the last week (well, not completely - I did have a dance performance last Sat'day and had a couple of practice sessions for it over the week but still) and was getting worried if I could get back to running ok. I got on the treadmill, walked for abt 10 mins and stretched a little before starting to run. The walk felt ok so I thought the run would be good too. But when I started, my shins were still stiff and sore and I felt like I was just shuffling my feet. After a couple of miles though, they felt better. But my breathing was a little out of whack and I felt pretty thirsty soon so I stopped at 4 miles ( I had planned to do 5 initially). Anyways, it felt pretty good after the run. I spent a good half hour stretching and stopped by CVS and bought a knee support(have occasional issues with the left ITB) and a re-usable ice wrap after spending another half hour poring over all the details on all the ice wraps in CVS. I bunged the wrap into the freezer, cleaned up in the kitchen a little and took a shower. After almost an hour in the freezer, I pulled out the wrap and tied it around my shin only to discover it wasn't cold enough. I walked back to the fridge, fished out an old broccoli cuts packet that I have been storing for just such days, and used the belt that came with the wrap to tie this packet around my shin. It worked much better than the wrap. Oh, the futility of it all.

I have decided to run on the days before my physio appt (Mon and Wed) so any damage I do on these days can be partly repaired in the following session :-) God, I have a 7.30 am session tomorrow - why do I do this to myself? Time to go to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin