Visiplate

And so a new year is here. Another revolution, another year. A brand new, freshly minted, set of days. I am not usually big on grand celebrations on the occasion of a new year but I see the point. The ado. Say what you want about the future but there is no arguing about the fact that it is not fully predictable. It is unknown. Sure, you might find at the end of the year 2011 that nothing much has changed in the last dozen months but you don't know that now. Things may be different or not. The un-absoluteness. Hence the excitement. Yes, yes - Hope & Celebrations. Good stuff.

As is custom (and when I say custom, I mean I have done this once in the past), I have decided to do retrospective of the year now past. It was a good year. By all counts, it was. I am deeply grateful for all of it. So this should be fun. Let's see :

Ianuarius, Februarius, Martius : A hectic bunch of months. Looking for an apartment in the city, the relief of finding one that I like, The Big Move ( I actually had 7 friends helping me move, how awesome is that!? And in order to keep these wonderful people in my life, I have resolved to use movers the next time), Intro to City Life, Re-entry into the world of Running, Lots of time spent in Cafes coupled with Rediscovery of my Love for Writing using Paper & Pen and the resultant Danger of turning into a Snooty, Urban, Organic chick. Some Bad Decisions (yes, I capitalize based on the importance of these events in my life rather than rules of punctuation). A good trip to Oregon, A Bright Green-and-White Umbrella enters my Life (here)

Aprilis, Maius, Iunius : Puerto Rico - one of the best trips of my life. We were there for 3 days and the Fun never stopped. Really. The car-getting-towed-because-it-was-the-first-week-of-street-cleaning-on-the-day-that-i-got-back-from-the-trip did put a little damper on it, though. But still, it was totally worth it. Yes, it was that good. Spanish classes - that was fun. I probably retain like 20% of what I learnt in those set of classes but just thinking about and learning something completely different after a full day at work was so refreshing. Mi gusta mucho los clases de espanol! Slowly, but surely, Cambridge won me over. Made new friends and got to spend more time with old friends. A Graduated and seeing--a-live-address-from-the-current-President-of-United-States joined the list of things I never thought I would get to do in my life. ( I tell you, life is nothing short of fantastic many times, wilder than fantasy). More Writing and Happiness. And a little running.

Quintilis, Sextilis, September : A Globe enters my Life, I coin the word Pleasance (pleasantness), Closure is obtained on The Passport Picture Issue, I put forth the concept of 500 Days of Summer(plus 15 days of vacation/down time) and a Dream Comes True.My fond wish, to travel alone to Europe, Switzerland in particular, came true. I learnt quite a bit from the travels. Of how there is much to be learnt and experienced in the company of self, of how the beauties of Nature can both knock the wind out of you and bring tears to your eyes, of the warmth and friendship and relief of strangers in strange lands and how, sometimes, we come so close to missing out on dreams just 'cause we are not willing to stretch our hands and claim it. Deep. And tremendously fulfilling.

October, November, December : Stress abounds. Change abounds. And in the midst of it all, wonderful, wonderful Life flourishes. Parties, Get-Togethers, Halloween, Christmas, Holidays. And I become Aunt to Little Peanut. And of equal import, I become Owner of a Comfy Couch :-)

Like I said, deeply grateful. For many many things that went well. And many things that didn't go wrong. And for some things that didn't go according to plan.

And now, according to my tired self( which barely survived a ~ 3 mile jog+walk outdoors today), 'tis time for bed.

Happy New Year, me hearties! And a very Good night.

Comments

Baldin said…
Happy to know that you really had a wonderful year in 2010. I wholeheartedly wish you a more happy, healthy and eventful 2011.

Popular posts from this blog

Metronome

fractious

lynchpin